This recipe is from a friend Tessa. She has agreed to share some of her freezer cooking meals with us. I am so happy, and I can not wait to try out her recipes.
- 8 oz uncooked rigatoni
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 c chopped onion
- 1 (10 oz) pack frozen spinach, thawed
- 3 c cubed, cooked chicken breasts
- 1 (14 oz) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 oz) container Philadelphia chive & onion cream cheese
- ½ t salt, ½ t pepper
- 1½ c shredded mozzarella cheese
- Prepare rigatoni according to pkg directions. Spread oil on bottom of 11×7 in baking dish; add onion in a single layer. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or just until tender. Transfer onion to large bowl, set aside.
- Drain chopped spinach well, pressing between paper towels. Stir in rigatoni, spinach, chicken, & next 4 ingredients into onion in bowl. Spoon mixture into dish & sprinkle evenly with shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake covered at 350 for 35 minutes; uncover & bake 15 more minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Tessa says that when she is making this for dinner she doubles up the recipe when cooking and put half in an aluminum freezer dish. Cover it foil and write the directions in it and then wrap it in cling wrap and stick it in the freezer.
I am hoping to put together a section of recipes of freezer cooking.I am a busy and working mom. I think taking one day a week a preparing freezer meals will make life so much simpler. I know a lot of parents that have children in after school sports and they are always on the go. Freezer cooking meals will give you healthier meals than grabbing food at a fast food restaurant.
Thanks so much Tessa H. for sharing your recipe with us.