Please welcome Jamie from Jamie’s Food Blog. She has a wonderful treat to share with us.
This morning, I mentioned to the ChemE that after the middle one’s basketball games, I need to go by the grocery store and pick up meat for next week. He looked at me with great interest and asked me to look in the front mesh pocket of his computer bag. I looked and there was a bottle of Captain Rodney’s Sweet and Spicy Glaze. Attached to the bottle was a recipe for Captain Rodney’s Cheese Bake. “Well, that looks interesting,” I said. He went on to tell me that his boss gave him the bottle of glaze, and said that it was worth every last calorie. I raised an eyebrow. Interesting.
Captain Rodney’s Cheese Bake.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 8 oz package of cream cheese
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 6 Ritz crackers, crushed**
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled OR 1/2 cup of “real” bacon bits
- 1/2 cup of any Captain Rodney’s Glaze ***