I have enjoyed experimenting in the kitchen. I tried several new recipes this year and have enjoyed making simple meals.
I found this recipe here. My husband said this was soupy but it had a good flavor.I am thinking I could have cut down on the water in the recipe but I learn as I go.I also use venison burger which is a lot less fat than store bought hamburger.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a Dutch oven, layer half of the meat, potatoes and onion. Sprinkle
- with half of the salt if desired and pepper. Repeat layers. Dissolve
- bouillon in water; pour over all. Top with tomatoes. Cover and cook
- over medium heat for 45-50 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
I think you could also spruce this up by adding some cabbage. I did add some cheese on top of my plate.I am not the crafty food thinker so I went by the directions but I will try adding a few more things when I make this again.