I have never owned a awesome flat iron. I have always had a cheaper quality brand that does not always heat enough to flatten my thick hair.This is a Cortex Solo 450 Titanium Straighter/ flat iron. I fell in love with this flat iron. I love how it just glides down the hair for a smooth look .
- Zebra Design Pattern
- 1″ Titanium plates for healthier hair and a high gloss shine
- Professional Salon Model
- Adjustable temperature to 450°F for easy use
- Heats up in less than 6 seconds
- Straighten, flip or curl your hair
- The innovative PTC ceramic heater heats up in a flash, and stays at the temperature while styling
- Negative Ions promote smoother, silkier hair
- Far infrared technology distribute heat evenly, preventing damage
- Sleek, ergonomic, non-slip grip designed for professional comfort
- Variable temperature settings for all hair types
- Hooked end for salon professional storage and easy hanging
- Professional 360° swivel cord to prevent tangling
- Dual Voltage – 110 – 240, 50/60 Hz
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Seals and locks in moisture and the hair’s essential oils
- Eliminates frizz and fly-ways
- Renews softness and shine
- Deep, long lasting straight hair
- Reduces time to achieve results
- Clamping plate are even and close tight
- The cord is swiveled and prevents tangling
- Flat Straight: Insert a 2 in section of hair between the plates ,then squeeze the handle together and glide slowly through hair from the roots to the ends.
- Soft Curls:Insert a 2 in section of hair between the plates, then squeeze the handle together and glide the iron to the ends, then wind hair around the plates.
- Flip Out: Insert a 2in section of hair between the plates then squeeze the handle together and slowly glide hair beginning at the roots and slightly flip out the ends.
- Flip In: Insert a 2in section of hair between the plates , then squeeze the handle together and slowly glide the hair together beginning at the roots and slightly flip in the ends.
I went with the flat look , my hair is in layers so I will not get a full straight look. I keep my hair in layers because it is so thick and it is easier to manage sometimes.
*** The only thing I must say I do not like is that it does not have auto shut off*** I have left the house time and time again and forget to turn this off. I think that would be a great feature, other than that this is a perfect straighter for me. The more I use it the more I love it.
I hate taking pictures, anyway here is my mug shot and my thick hair. I need some color and the funny thing was while I was in town I rain into my stylist. She always gets on me for not coming to the salon like I should.
Disclaimer: I was sent a Cortex Flat Iron for a review and my honest opinion.My views and your views may differ but I do think this is a really great iron and worked perfectly on my thick hair.